An easy way to try the many different kinds of delicious freshly-grown Ontario Mushrooms. Serve as an appetizer, side dish, or light main course.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
Servings: 4 to 6 min
- 1 1/2 lbs (750 g) Ontario Mushrooms (any mixture of Crimini, White, Portobello, Oyster, and Shitake)
- 1 small Ontario Onion, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and dried majoram
- 1 tsp (5 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Ontario White Wine, or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) whipping or table cream
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Ontario Honey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, melted
Cut large cleaned mushrooms into chunks; leave small mushrooms whole. Place in 13- x 9-inch (34 x 22 cm) baking dish. Add onion and oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and marjoram; toss again. Roast in preheated 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 minutes, stirring once.
Sprinkle flour evenly over mushrooms. Combine wine, cream and honey; pour over mushrooms. Stir well until no trace of flour remains. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over mushrooms. Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbling and crumb topping lightly toasted.