Ontario mushrooms are the starts in this pasta appetizer, so use a variety for maximum impact. Leave small mushrooms whole and slice large ones.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 6 appetizers
- 6 sheets lasagna
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves Ontario Garlic, minced
- 12 oz (375 g) mixed Ontario Mushrooms (crimini, shiitake, oyster and white button - remove woody stems from shiitake mushrooms), thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 8 Ontario Greenhouse Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried basil
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 12 curls freshly shaved Asiago or Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta in boiling water until tender.
Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots, garlic and mushrooms; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in vinegar and tomatoes; heat just until warm. Remove from heat. Season with basil and salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, drain pasta well in colander and toss with remaining 2 tbsp (25 mL) oil. Loosely fold 1 lasagna noodle in each shallow flat soup bowl or dinner plate. Scatter mushroom mixture over top. Sprinkle with parsley; garnish with shaved cheese. Serve immediately.