This light vegetable soup is an ideal starter as it teases the appetite. Shiitakes, a popular wild mushroom grown in Ontario, add an exotic touch to this soup.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 Ontario Onion, diced
- 1 small Ontario Carrot, diced
- 1 small Ontario Rutabaga or Parsnip, diced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated gingerroot
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced Ontario Shiitake Mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
In small saucepan, combine onion, carrot, turnip, ginger and broth. Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add mushrooms; simmer 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.