A wonderful medley of flavours and textures makes this salad a sure fire hit!
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups (2 L) torn spinach leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) raspberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted pecan halves
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) crumbled blue cheese
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add raspberry dressing and vinegar; boil for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Salad: Place spinach, raspberries and pecans in salad bowl or arrange on individual salad plates. Toss with warm dressing or spoon over salad. Sprinkle blue cheese on top. Serve immediately.