A little prosciutto adds sophistication to this fast and simple appetizer or side dish.
Preparation Time: not available
Cooking Time: not available
- 7 cups (1.75 L) Ontario White Mushrooms (1-1/2 lb/750 g)
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 11 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup (50mL) Ontario Red Pepper, roasted and cut into think strips
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) prosciutto, juilenned (about 3 slices)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dry Ontario white wine
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% cream
Brush mushrooms with vegetable oil and grill over medium heat until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside
In a large skillet, over medium high heat, melt butter and sauté garlic, red pepper strips and prosciutto. Add chicken stock, white wine and thyme. Add grilled mushrooms and cream to sauce mixture. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook, reducing liquid until creamy and light amber in colour, about 5 minutes.
To serve: Garnish each serving with a little chopped parsley
Variation: Substitute any combination of Ontario Shiitake and Oyster Mushrooms for some of the White mushrooms.