These marinated mushrooms are cooked on skewers and served with dipping sauce. They go nicely with broiled or grilled meats.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 6 Minutes
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Ontario Honey
- 1 clove Ontario Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario White Mushrooms
- 1 small Ontario Onion, cut in wedges
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) peanut butter
In shallow nonmetallic bowl, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, garlic and pepper flakes. Stir in mushrooms and onion. Let stand for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Thread alternately onto skewers, reserving marinade. Broil or grill for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Meanwhile, pour marinade into small saucepan; stir in peanut butter. Bring to boil. (Add 1 to 2 tbsp/15 to 25 mL water to provide dipping consistency, if necessary.) Serve with mushrooms.