These delicious appetizers can be made ahead of time, then placed in the freezer. Have a supply of these roll-ups in the freezer for the next party or drop in!
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 to 15 Minutes
Servings: 40 appetizers
- 8 oz (250 g) Ontario Button Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) light cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf sliced white sandwich bread (approx. 20 slices)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) melted butter
Melt butter in large skillet, add mushrooms and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened. Add flour and blend well. Stir in cream, cook, stirring until thick about 1 minute. Add garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Cool. Remove crust and roll slices thin with a rolling pin. Spread about 1 tbsp (15 mL) of mixture and roll up. Place on parchment paper and put into freezer and chill until firm. Before baking brush with melted butter and bake in 400ºF (200ºC) oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Slice in half and serve warm.